Effective May 23, 2017
For purposes of this document “Company” is defined as “UP Entertainment”, along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns.
- What personal information is collected from me?
- What general information is collected from me?
Company (or third party vendors whose software products we use) may gather and collect various types of information that is anonymous, de-identified or otherwise not intended to personally identify you when you visit any of our Sites. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected include: network or Internet Protocol address and the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the domain name of your internet service provider (e.g., AT&T, Comcast), mobile network, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream of the web pages you visited on this Site and pages viewed before and after you visit this Site including date and time, general location information, and purchase history.
- What information is collected from social media networks?
- Who is collecting my information?
- How is my information used?
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company does research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided to us during your use of this Site. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. Company may share this aggregated data with others. Company also may combine your information with information we collect or receive from other companies and sources (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services.
- With whom does Company share my information?
Company may share the personal data you provide or the information gathered by Company to any party with your consent or, in any event, to Company subsidiaries, agents, contractors and our business partners. Company also may share information with the following groups:
(a) businesses which Company does not control but with which it engages in co-branded offerings or other transactions,
(b) third-party service providers in order to facilitate the performance of only those functions which are assigned to them, such as order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing assistance, provision of search results and links, credit card payment processing, and customer service, and
(c) entities with which Company may merge or which may acquire all or substantially all of Company’s assets, as customer information likely will be one of the transferred assets.
Except as provided in this policy or in the event of a merger, consolidation, or sale of all or substantially all of Company’s assets, we will not share any of your information with any third party without your permission.
- How do I access, update or delete my information?
You can request the individual information that Company has collected about you, correct factual inaccuracies in your information, remove personal information from Company’s databases and/or update your personal information through your account on this web site or by contacting viewerservices@UPtv.com.
- What else should I know about my privacy?
Third-party web sites and services accessible through this Site have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of us. Company has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions. Please be careful and responsible online. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. While we strive to protect your information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information through the transmission process, and any transmission by you of information is done at your own risk.
- What does “opt out” mean?
To “opt out” means that you have notified Company that we no longer have permission to use your information for a particular purpose. For example, when we send you information on a new product, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future.
- What are cookies and how are they used by Company?
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. By not accepting cookies, some pages of this Site may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information on this Site.
- What are web beacons and how are they used by Company?
When Company sends you newsletters or promotional emails Company may use web beacons, single-pixel gifs, or similar technologies. Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a Site or in an email to monitor user behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Site or email. Web beacons allow Company to (a) deliver to you more focused email communications and other information by determining whether you have opened or acted upon a promotional email and which links you have clicked on, (b) effectively deliver co-branded services by counting the number of users who have visited certain web pages, and (c) compile aggregated statistics and determine the efficacy of promotions by using web beacons from third parties without allowing such third parties to use web beacons on this Site to collect or access your personal information.
- What is online advertising and how is it used by Company?
This Site uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our Site. This service will display relevant ads to you based on what parts of the Site you have viewed by placing a cookie on your computer. But, this cookie does not identify you or give access to your computer. We use this service to allow us to tailor our marketing to better suit you.
- Children. When a child between the ages of 13 to 18 attempts to register on the Site, he or she may register with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian. Company will not contact children under the age of 18 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission. Company does not ask a child under the age of 18 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion. Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
- Security. Company uses its best efforts to protect your personal information and, to that end, uses tools such as encryption, passwords, and physical security to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no web site can be absolutely secure. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from this Site. Therefore, although Company works very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain absolutely private.
- How does Company respond to Do Not Track signals?
- Updates and Effective Date
Most Recent Videos
Watch UP for a chance to win $1,000
Watch UP TV and win! Each new episode, look for the entry phrase that you’ll need for a chance to win. Enter your mobile number below to get started.
Enter your zip code to find UP in your area.